Why Use Powder Coatings?
1. Because there are no solvents that evaporate into harmful or flammable vapors, powder coatings emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
2. Powder coating can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
3. Powder coating overspray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
4. Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
5. Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
6. A wide range of specialty effects is easily accomplished which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.
The list of benefits of powder coating are truly impressive, however, any coating is only as good as the application process. From pre-coating preparation to application and curing, adhesion is the name of the game. That's why everything that we coat is subject to extensive pre-treating; this includes chemical cleaning, media blasting, degreasing, and conversion coatings. Once the proper surface conditions are achieved, we utilize highly efficient, high capacity coating lines and a batch system for large parts. Our application methods include electrostatic, fusion bonded, thermoset, and multi-coat systems; this ensures that the coating and substrate are matched to maximize protection and adhesion.